Friday, October 30, 2015

The Circle of Goodness

      Yesterday I had parent teacher conferences. So, I typed up the kids' report cards, pulled a couple chairs up to my desk and settled in for a day of chatting with parents. And it was a wonderful day. I work at a small school so I only had 8 conferences and I knew most of the parents.
       Afterwards as I was thinking back over the day and things parents had said, I realized that parent teacher conferences are as much for me as they are for the parents. I shared with parents their child's grades and how they were doing in my classroom and they shared back words of encouragement for me.
       When a parent brought me a cup of tea because she thought of me while she was picking up her own Caribou on the way to the conference, I felt loved.
       When a parent came in a told me that they appreciate me and that I truly am having an impact on their kid, it reminded me of what an important job I have.
      When a parent came in for their conference and afterwards asks me how I was doing and if there is anything in my life I would like prayer for, not school stuff just my life stuff, I felt blessed and cared about.
       So it's a circle. I shared and they shared right back. And that is how life should be, a circle of goodness. Happy Friday. 
     
"If you are a leader, you should never forget that everyone needs encouragement. And everyone who receives it - young or old, successful or less-than-successful, unknown or famous - is changed by it."
~John C. Maxwell

No comments:

Post a Comment