Saturday, February 20, 2016

Winter Retreat 2016

      It's getting to that time of year again. February is half way gone, the sun is moving in the sky and giving off a springy type of light, the days have been warm and things have been slushy, and Winter Retreat is almost here.
     One of the many blessings in my life is the wonderful church I am apart of. I first set foot in the Bemidji Church of Christ the summer my brother Jordan, friend Emily and I came up to check out the college in town. It was that weekend that I met My Love and his family and started a journey that was about to change my life. The people of the church drew us in, welcomed us, and it hasn't stopped.          This is the church that Luke has gone too his entire life. The small group of people that call the church home are his family and friends. And over the past five years they have become mine as well. These people are a true and beautiful example of what it means to be a family in Christ. I love them.
     One of my favorite times of the year is our yearly winter(though it's almost spring) retreat. The weeks leading up to the big weekend hold potlucks and planning and music practice. Every year since Luke and I got married we have hosted out of town friends and family. Last year was our first retreat in our new home and so we were able to host a few more. I believe we had 7 people stay with us last year. One of the guys had to sleep in the laundry room, but it worked.
    I especially love it because one of our guests is usually my dear friend Polly. Polly likes to take credit for bringing Luke and I together. She and I became friends my first year of Bible college. It was through her that I began hearing stories of the Williams family, this church, many of the people I hold dear, and this lovely little town I now call home.
    So, groceries have been bought, who's staying where has been figured out, and excitement is growing. Happy Saturday.
Polly and I this past Fall.

"Cherish your human connections - your relationships with friends and family." ~Barbara Bush

No comments:

Post a Comment