Saturday, June 2, 2012

Music

         I love music. It is like an invisible ribbon that dances around you and brings a little magic to the ordinary. Someone once told me that my husband and I were chronic music listeners. Meaning that we always have it playing. And I will admit, it's true. One of my favorite things is singing at Church. I love to open the song book and watch as the notes on the page come to life. There is something simply beautiful that happens when a multitude of voices come together and the parts blend to create a masterpiece of sound. Then, when the piano drops out and all that is heard is voices, I can't help but smile. It's beautiful, it's simple, it's a gift. So, no matter what you are dealing with today, crank up the music, close your eyes and sing out loud. Allow yourself to get lost in the sound, the dance, the wonder. And know that the One who gave us the music sings over you! Happy Saturday.

Zephaniah 3:17
"The Lord your God is with you;
      his power gives you victory.
   The Lord will take delight in you,
      and in his love he will give you new life.
   He will sing and be joyful over you."

"Music expresses that which cannot be said and on which it is impossible to be silent." ~Victor Hugo

1 comment:

  1. Music in one of those things, that I couldn't imagine going through life without. I am so thankful to God for music, that I feel obligated to praise Him with it. This verse pretty much sums up how I feel.

    "He brought me up out of the pit of destruction, out of the miry clay,
    And He set my feet upon a rock making my footsteps firm.
    He put a new song in my mouth, a song of praise to our God...."
    -Psalms 20:2-3

    ReplyDelete