Saturday, October 15, 2016

IT'S A....

      BOY!!! 

      Yesterday Luke and I went in for my 20 week ultrasound(Half way there!) It was amazing. I knew I was excited to find out the gender and see the baby, but I didn't realize just how cool it would be to see him moving around. His little feet were one of my favorite things because they were so easy to pick out, tiny and perfect. At first we wondered if we would be able to find out the gender because he had those perfect little feet crossed at the ankles. It was pretty cute. According to their measurments he is about 12 oz. That's almost a pound already. Little chunky monkey!
     Afterwards I texted my friend Allison to let her know the gender and she texted me back "How good is God!!!" And you know what, that comment sums it up perfectly. The One who is creating this little baby is beyond wonder. Psalm 139:14-16 says,

"I will give thanks to You, for I am fearfully and wonderfully made; 
and my soul knows it very well. My frame was not hidden from 
You, when I was made in secret, and skillfully wrought 
in the depths of the earth; Your eyes have seen my unformed
 substance; and in Your books were all written the days that 
were ordained for me, when as yet there was not one of them."

     The other day I was teaching Bible class and we were reviewing the stories of Abraham and Sarah and how they so desperately wanted a child, and God had promised them one, but it seemed to them that God had forgotten. This made me think about the many days I longed for a baby and wondered if it was ever going to happen for us. I doubted and yet God is faithful. And now in just 20 short weeks our baby boy will be here. We are so blessed. 

20 week baby bump

Little Mr. Williams' face

Front view

 Profile

"A new baby is like the beginning of all things--wonder, hope, a dream of possibilities."
~Eda J. LeShan

1 comment: