Thursday, October 13, 2016

Family, Weddings, and Road Trips

      Last week, My Love and I hit the road after work on Thursday. My youngest brother Mick, was tying the knot with his fiance Payge and so we were headed for a weekend with my family. We had decided to head out Thursday night and stop at Luke's sister Anna's to spend the night. We pulled in late and as we were doing so, Luke began to notice an unpleasant sound coming from the car.       Unfortunately, the axle was just about broken, fortunately, we were at Anna's house. So, Friday morning Luke and Travis(Anna's husband) took the car to the local mechanics and they set to work on fixing it. It ended up taking a lot longer than we hoped and so we didn't make it to the rehearsal like we had planned. I am thankful that we were with people we loved however, because if we had had to wait around with nothing to do all Friday, I may have gone bonkers.

We checked out a local coffee shop. Gregory, Bea, and Anna
 Bea
 Margaret 

    We missed the rehearsal, but we did make it to the dinner. After the dinner my family loaded into our various vehicles to head to my parents home a half hour away. We were cruising down the highway when we were suddenly thumping and bumping. Luke pulled off to the side with dismay. We had blown a tire. Thankfully, my parents were right behind us, so they pulled over as well and Dad helped change the tire. We realized the irony of all this car trouble happening to the newest car we own, the one that shouldn't have problems. Oh well. 
    Saturday morning we got spruced up and headed to the Church where we hung out, took pictures, and spent time with family. All of my siblings were there(something that rarely happens) as well as both sets of my grandparents and 2 sets of aunts and uncles. I quite enjoyed it. 

My brothers. Mick(The groom) Jesse, and Jordan

My daddy, looking all spiffy, and myself

Mick and his new wife Payge...Or Mr. and Mrs. Shearer(Photo credits to my dad Rohn)


Mick and Jesse(Jesse was the best man)

My Dad and Mom...Rohn and AmyJo(Photo credits Aunt Janelle Shearer)

Mick, Payge, Grandma Shearer and Grandpa Shearer(I have no idea what was so funny, but I love this picture. Photo credits to Aunt Janelle Shearer)

Grandpa and Grandma Shearer and Lydia

Jordan and I

Luke and my Uncle Dan

    Not only did I get to see my family, but my dear friends Amanda and Emily were there with their families as well. It is always great to see them. They are my oldest friends(Meaning, our moms were friends before any of us were born and hours of our childhood were spent together) and we don't see each other nearly enough. We took a group picture and I'm so glad we did. It made me think of another group picture we have from when I was like 13 years old. 

2016
Amanda, Lydia, Emily, me, Jesse, Mick, and Jordan

2003(ish)
Back row: Amanda, me, Lydia, Emily
Front row: Jesse, Mick, and Jordan

    At the reception they had a s'mores bar. However, instead of going to said s'mores bar, Jordan decided to roast his marshmallow over the tea candles on the table. It required a lot of concentration. 


 Lydia and Claire(Emily's daughter), me, Amanda, Jordan and Emily

Claire and I. 
Emily and I discussed how awesome it would be if my baby is a girl. Because, Baby Williams and Claire will be just about exactly as many months apart as Emily and I are. A true friendship in the making. 

Speaking of Baby Williams, he or she is getting quite big. Tomorrow is my ultrasound and I can hardly wait to find out if it is a boy or a girl. I've also started to feel some occasional kicks and it puts a smile on my face!

Happy Thursday!

"You don't choose your family. They are God's gift to you as you are to them." ~Desmond Tutu



2 comments:

  1. Time spent with family is truly wonderful!
    Right after we bought our passot, it had several spendy fixes too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Time spent with family is truly wonderful!
    Right after we bought our passot, it had several spendy fixes too.

    ReplyDelete