Saturday, September 8, 2012

Autumn Days

       I have begun to notice that Summer is slipping away and Fall is beginning to dance. On my way to school the other day, leaves were scurrying and crackling across my path as the wind swirled through them in a crunchy melody. And the woods are beginning to be painted with brilliant red and orange splashes amongst the green.
       Today is the perfect sort of Autumn day. I have my knitting out and the deep reds and browns of the yarn wrap themselves around me in a cozy cocoon. The wood stove is crackling and smells oh so wonderful. The music is gently playing in the background and the cup of coffee offers itself as a pleasant afternoon respite.
        Oh the simple beauties of a Fall day in Northern Minnesota. I hope you can see the beauty around you today. Stay cozy.

“I loved autumn, the one season of the year that God seemed to have put there just for the beauty of it.”  ~Lee Maynard


No comments:

Post a Comment