Monday, February 25, 2013

Moments

          For awhile now, there have been thoughts that cross my mind and moments that touch my heart. Yet, time and again, something seems to stop me from letting them flow freely from my mind into the written word. Moments of pure joy.. Moments of peace when I am overwhelmed with a knowing that God is right there with me. Moments of realization, when I see that I have come along way and that what once seemed like an unavoidable, uncontrollable fear has fainted away and I am left with joy and the hope of something new.
         Moments with friends, knowing that I am blessed. Moments with sunsets, when I marvel and God's goodness. Moments when a song starts to play and my heart simply must dance. Moments of color when all I want to do is paint the moment in swirls of magic. Moments of pure joy when the little brown eyed baby sitting behind me in Church is singing her two year old heart out. Moments when the voices of my friends and family rise together in beautiful four part harmony as we sing songs of praise to the One who created the moment.
        And so dear friend, may you be blessed by this sweet, Monday, night when Spring seems possible. Breathe in deep, delight in the day, dance to the music, and know that the One who breathes life into every moment of every day, loves you.

“What day is it?"
It's today," squeaked Piglet.
My favorite day," said Pooh.”  ~A.A Milne

1 comment:

  1. you certainly have a wonderful way with words. I love this. :)

    ReplyDelete