Wednesday, November 23, 2016

Thanksgiving Eve 2016

      There is a lemon pie baking in the oven, pie crust for two pecan pies chilling in the fridge and a ham just waiting to go into the oven. Tomorrow is Thanksgiving and I love it. The holiday season is one of my favorite times of the year. This year we will be having dinner at Luke's sister Abbi's house. I was told to bring a side and got carried away. Luke's favorite is pecan pie and my favorite is lemon so what is a girl to do. Plus last night I was sadly bemoaning the fact that we rarely have ham for Thanksgiving. Luke then logically suggested the idea that we take one as a part of of our contribution. He is so smart! And then I'm also taking a a hot orange and cranberry spiced punch which my mom starting making years back and I've been making ever since.

    Now the pies are out of the oven and a big pot of curry is bubbling on the stove simmering its delicious flavors together for supper. So now I am on to other delightful, afternoon off, sort of activities.
    I am so very blessed in this life and therefore I have much to be thankful for. I am thankful for this guy. He is gentle and kind, wise and forgiving. He pushes me to be my best and has helped me grow in my faith and understanding of who God is. I remember a Thanksgiving about 6 years ago when we were just at the beginning of our story. My brother Jordan and I were still in school and were planning on heading south for Thanksgiving. I remember secretly wishing that it would snow really bad and we would be stuck in town, thus getting to spend the holiday with Luke and his family. It didn't happen, but it was a nice thought. And I've spent every Thanksgiving with him since. He is my favorite!


     I'm also incredibly thankful for the little guy who is getting bigger every day. He makes me smile with his sturdy  kicks and wiggles. I remember the days of longing for a baby, any baby to call my own. And now that longing is replaced with an intense love for this little guy specifically. He has a name already and he is his own little person and we haven't even met him yet. About 3 1/2 more months!
   
     My list continues on... I am thankful for this house and its beautiful blue roof. I am thankful for my job at Heartland Christian Academy and what a crazy blessing and joy it has been to be there. I am thankful for my family and many friends. People who are incredibly important to me and constantly remind me how good God is. And I am thankful for the snow that is ushering in the holiday season in the proper Minnesotan way. 

Happy Thanksgiving Eve!

"Gratitude can transform common days into Thanksgivings, turn routine jobs into joy, and change ordinary opportunities into blessings." ~William Arthur Ward

No comments:

Post a Comment