Tuesday, January 30, 2018

A Sweet Perfume

    It's Tuesday once again and January is just about done for another year. Today the snow has been swirling and the wind whipping. This morning I got up and poured myself a cup of coffee, snuggled into my chair to do my devotions, when what should I see scurry across the floor but a little rodent. Needless to say my heart rate went up a bit. I spied the little intruder about 4 times and even set out a trap, but he eluded it. Can't say I'm thrilled, but oh well.
   
     This past weekend, my parents came up for a visit. We had a nice time and I'm so glad that Buirlen has not one but two sets of loving grandparents who are involved in his life.
   
    The baby goats are starting to arrive out at the farm. It was fun to take Buirlen out to see them. He found them to be rather interesting.

It was gorgeous out!

 Checking out the goats with Uncle Jordan

This little boy is quite the climber. He as literally been getting into things lately. 


He's not walking yet, but getting pretty steady on his feet. 




The other day I was thinking about 2 Corinthians 2:14-15a

"But thank God! He has made us His captives and continues to lead us along in Christ's triumphal procession. Now He uses us to spread the knowledge of Christ everywhere, like a sweet perfume. Our lives are a Christ-like fragrance rising up to God."

    Smells can be powerful and potent things and they can leave a hefty impression. (I will never forget the time the skunk sprayed the side of our house permeating everywhere. It was awful and we were fragrant for awhile!)They can be awful and distract you until you find and get rid of it...(That rotten potato in the bottom of the potato pail) Or, they can be wonderfully pleasant, and comforting, reminding us of loved ones, and moments in time. 
People can have their own smells too. I remember when I was a kid some of our good friends had a very distinct smell to their home and we always knew if something came from them. It wasn't a bad smell, but it was uniquely theirs. Jordan mentioned the other day that one of his shirts smelled like my house, (I like that he's around enough these days for that to be a thing).
Anyway, Jesus makes us whole and fragrant in the most lovely way possible. When we are His we spread His fragrance to the world. I like this and I surely hope it's true in my life. That I am known as a child of the King and that my life carries His fragrance. 
To spread the love of Jesus like a sweet perfume. to be a pleasant fragrance to The One who knows us to the core, This is awesome!


No comments:

Post a Comment