Sunday, July 28, 2019

A Week of July Goodness

I do love summer time. 

Making smoothies for breakfast. Buirlen's all about helping push the buttons. 


He's a classy dresser


At the beginning of the week, I had another ultrasound because they hadn't gotten all the pictures they wanted at our 20 week appointment. Sweet baby girl is doing good. We are now at 25 weeks with 15ish left to go!

Earlier this week, Buirlen and I were going to go work in the garden. I needed something from the barn, so we went there first. When I opened the door I heard some sort of critter rustling around, which startled me and I shut the door. Suddenly, a cat(we don't have a cat) came flying out from underneath the larger door, scaring both Buirlen and I good and proper. I still needed what I had come for, so I braved the main door once again only to find there was still something in there, then I realized it was kittens. I haven't managed to get a look at them since, but Luke has seen them a couple of times. Buirlen was sufficiently shook up(We both were) and wouldn't let me put him down until we got to the garden, which I managed to convince him was a safe place. 

Exploring the sunflower forest in the garden. 


So, I was convinced I'd planted beets. However, as the plants have come up, they don't look like what I thought beets looked like, they don't have any red on the leaves. My father-in-law said it might still be a beet just not a red one, or maybe I didn't pay close enough attention to the package. We shall see I guess. 

Fresh basil from the garden for our pizza. 

I mowed the law this weekend, I will say that is a summer job I quite enjoy. 

There are several trees in our backyard. I had assumed they were crab apples, but with my mowing escapades this summer I've taken a closer look and i'm wondering if we have a plum tree. 

Luke spent last summer working on residing our house. He got the entire house done before winter set in, but the garage had to be put on hold. So this summer he has been working on that. It's going to look SOOOOOO good once it's all completed. 

Buirlen has recently taken an interest in what he wears and he has a few different shirts that are favorites. He has had days were the shirt he wants is dirty and that is stressful. The other day he brought me his car shirt and I told him it was dirty and needed to be washed. He promptly went to the sink to do just that...

Morning devotions. 

Helping Daddy and Uncle Jordan work on the car. 

I made naan this week. I do love the feeling of dough as it gets to the right consistency when kneaded. 

May the week ahead be wonderful!

"The most beautiful things in life cannot be seen or even touched, they must be felt with the heart." ~Hellen Keller

No comments:

Post a Comment