Tuesday, January 21, 2020

A Spider-Man Cake

     Today is this sweet guy's 33rd birthday. He's the best husband, daddy and friend. And I'm simply pleased as punch that he's mine.
     The other night we were talking and I asked him what kind of cake he wanted for his birthday. He wanted a chocolate and caramel cake with cookies and cream frosting. In the process of discussing birthdays and cake I said something to Buirlen about how maybe we could make a Spider-Man cake for his birthday coming up in March. He latched onto this idea, and so we decided to do it now. Don't worry, Luke got his choice last night at his birthday party with the Williams family. But tonight, we are celebrating with Spider-Man!

This boy is currently in a "Spider-Man is cool" phase. At Christmas, I found a Spider-Man action figure and that was a well spent $5. He sleeps with it most nights. His Ama has managed to find him quite a few shirts, Auntie Keren made him a mask, and Auntie Anna got him a sleeping bag. The boy is loved. 





I've been enjoying watching the Great British Baking Show lately. So, making a Spider-Man cake was a good opportunity to practice my cake decorating skills. I decided on a lemon and orange cake and colored it blue.   


It has a blueberry filling.

Blue frosting. 

I decided to try my hand at making marshmallow fondant. I pretty much just tastes like sugar, but.....

it created a lovely smooth finish. 


Ta-Da!


And this weeks new cookbook recipe. A tomato tart. That Pioneer Woman knows what's up. This was tasty!

My Sweet Beulah Bee. 

Taking a snooze with Ama

Tea quotes

Happy Today. 

"What a desolate place would be a world without a flower." ~Clara Lucas Balfour





1 comment: