Sunday, March 27, 2011

Life

Life is an interesting thing. All to often, we get so caught up in living it that we fail to see the beauty of  it. We wake up each morning and work our way through whatever the day holds for us, and sadly, we often miss the beautiful opportunities that are presented to us. Do you ever think about that, that there are opportunities all around us, and we have the choice to take them or leave them. The stranger walking beside you could be an opportunity of a new friendship. Taking a little time to stop and smell the fresh spring air could be an awakening of new dreams in your heart. Taking a step into the unknown could very well lead you into a new and exciting adventure. Each day, no matter what it is like, holds opportunities. What are you going to do about it?

The Road Not Taken by Robert Frost


   Two roads diverged in a yellow wood,
And sorry I could not travel both
And be one traveler, long I stood
And looked down one as far as I could
To where it bent in the undergrowth;

Then took the other, as just as fair,
And having perhaps the better claim
Because it was grassy and wanted wear,
Though as for that the passing there
Had worn them really about the same,

And both that morning equally lay
In leaves no step had trodden black.
Oh, I marked the first for another day!
Yet knowing how way leads on to way
I doubted if I should ever come back.

I shall be telling this with a sigh
Somewhere ages and ages hence:
Two roads diverged in a wood, and I,
I took the one less traveled by,
And that has made all the difference

No comments:

Post a Comment