Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Knitting

I love to make things. Be it painting my next masterpiece, gluing together some random objects that caught my eye, or baking something delicious, I simply love to create. These past months I have been knitting. Right now I'm working on making a huge and fuzzy red, pink and brown blanket. But just before Christmas I was working like crazy to get 7 pairs of mittens done. All of this knitting got me to thinking. It says in the Psalms that God knit me together in my mothers womb. This image resonates with me because I understand knitting. It takes time, thought and care to create something. I pour hours into the projects I work on and when I'm done I step back and smile with pride and what I've made. Sure, some of my mittens aren't exactly the same size and the thumbs don't quite match up, but I smile because they are mine and I'm proud of them. And if I can be so pleased with a pair of mittens, how much more pleased is the God of the universe who knit you together before you were even born. And the great thing is, God doesn't make mistakes. I sometimes look at myself and wonder why I am the way I am. But God never wonders that. He looks at me and you sees His masterpiece. He made me to be about 5'4" with blond hair and blues eyes. But beyond physical characteristics, He knit all sorts of quirks and traits into my being to make me the person that I am.  A person who loves to sing and dance. A heart that sighs at every beautiful story and dreams of the extraordinary. A girl who loves the color pink, can't stand mushrooms and occasionally enjoys peanut butter and pickle sandwiches. God knows all of this about me and He knows you too, because He made you and He loves you. You are priceless. Don't ever doubt it. Never look at your self and say, "I'm frayed at the edges, I'm stained, I'm broken, I'm no good." Because that is NOT what God sees. He sees you exactly the way He made you, Beautiful.

Psalm 139:13
"For you created my inmost being; you knit me together in my mother’s womb."

Ephesians 2:10
"For we are God’s masterpiece. He has created us anew in Christ Jesus, so we can do the good things he planned for us long ago."

“Always be a first rate version of yourself and not a second rate version of someone else.”
~Judy Garland


“To be yourself in a world that is constantly trying to make you something else is the greatest accomplishment.” ~Ralph Waldo Emerson

1 comment:

  1. Gppd thoughts! It is fun to think of the thought God put into creating each one of us.

    ReplyDelete