Friday, October 5, 2012

First Snow

         Yesterday the snow came. There is something so very magical about the first snow. It makes me feel cozy and reminds me of happy times. I remember as a kid waiting with great anticipation for that morning when I would wake up and find the ground dusted in delicate white.
         Snow is a amazing thing, it takes the ordinary and paints it in wonder. It turns the world into a place where the imagination can go wild. As a kid the snow can transform your yard into a great battle field where snowy missiles fly. It provides endless opportunities for grand castles, mountain climbs and speed of lightning sled rides. Snow also reminds me of the snowy months when I was getting to know the love of my life. Those beautiful, happy, memories that always warm my heart.
         So on these snowy days, stay warm, snuggle up with someone you love, drink some cocoa and have a cookie. Most of all, remember that regardless of the weather outside, you are loved more then you will ever know by the One who sends the snow. Enjoy.


"The first fall of snow is not only an event, it is a magical event. You go to bed in one kind of a world and wake up in another quite different, and if this is not enchantment then where is it to be found?" ~ J.B Priestely 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment