Wednesday, October 17, 2012

Life Lived

        This week my Church family lost a member. Ed was 81 years old and died on Monday afternoon. I never really got to know Ed, but he made me smile when I'd seem him motoring along on his scooter with his fedora perched jauntily on his head. From stories I've heard, he was a great man of God who loved to tell stories.
       There is always a weird feeling that comes over you when someone you know dies. That knowledge that you won't see them again.  But then, I was reminded by someone that I will see Ed again. And right now he gets to see Jesus, which is a truly awesome thought.
       So, wherever you are in life, I ask you, "do you know that saving love?" The One who created the stars created you and longs to know your heart. Will you allow yourself to know that love? My hope is that someday when I get to meet Jesus, that my life will be remember for my passion and heart. And for now, and as long as I breathe, I choose to live in the knowledge that I am the daughter of the King. Have a great day.

"The important thing is not how many years in your life but how much life in your years." ~Edward J. Stieglitz

John 3:16 
"For God so loved the world that He gave His one and only son that whosoever believes in Him shall not perish, but have everlasting life."

No comments:

Post a Comment