Friday, November 23, 2012

Thanksgiving

      I'm sitting here on a cozy Friday morning thinking back to the many Thanksgivings that I have had. When I was 12 my family was involved with a ministry that reached out to the kids on the street. So that year we spent Thanksgiving at the Church with friends and a whole bunch of people that my parents had met through this ministry.
     Then there was the Thanksgiving I spent in Namibia Africa. This was my first Thanksgiving spent away from home and it was a wonderful time. We were a mix of British, Irish, Canadian and American's celebrating together.
      Then last year, was the first Holiday spent with the love of my life. We got to fly down to North Carolina and spend it with Luke's sister and her family. Looking back over these Thanksgivings, and the countless ones spent with Grandparents and family. I have much to be thankful for.
       Last night, as I was helping in the kitchen to get the feast ready, I was surrounded by feelings of wonder as we bustled around and gentle strains of music and conversation floated about. Life is good. I have been blessed. Memories are sweet and new adventures are waiting in the wings. Have a wonderful day.

"Not what we say about our blessings, but how we use them, is the true measure of our thanksgiving."
~W.T Purkiser

“Memory is the diary we all carry about with us.”
~Oscar Wilde

No comments:

Post a Comment