Monday, November 12, 2012

The Blessing

        This past weekend was fun because my some of my family was able to come up for a visit. When it came time to say goodbye, I felt a heaviness of heart. It is always hard for me to say goodbye and I often wish that my family lived closer. But as I was thinking about all of this, something occurred to me. Though goodbyes are hard, I am blessed enough to have people to say goodbye to. This then got me thinking about all of the amazing people that God has blessed my life with.
         I have not one, but two sets of wise and godly grandparents who have always been a part of my life. I have a Daddy who reminds me of the love that my Heavenly Father has for me. A Mom who has been my mother, confidant and friend. I have a whole slew of brothers and sisters who are there for me. But it doesn't stop here. Not only have I been blessed with the family who raised me, but I have had the privilege of marrying into another amazing family. I have a Mom and Dad-in-law who treat me like a daughter, and a group of amazing brother and sister-in-laws. And the best part of that family is the amazing man that I am married to. The love of my life who is with me through the ups and downs of life and in it for the long-haul.
       But wait, there is more. I have been surrounded by friends both old and new. The one's I grew up with and the ones that I have met along the way. People who have made me laugh and listened when I cried. And so today, I realize that I am truly blessed. And to top it off, I am loved by the Creator of the Universe.
        So, my challenge for you today is to count your blessings. And most importantly, remember, regardless of what your going through right now, that you too are loved by the One who counted the stars. Happy Monday.

"You don't choose your family. They are God's gift to you, as you are to them."
~Desmond Tutu

“A friend is someone who knows all about you and still loves you.”
~Elbert Hubbard

No comments:

Post a Comment