Saturday, April 26, 2014

The I.T. Guy Part 2

     So, as I wrote last time, my work computer was having difficulties. Any way, as it turned out the poor old desktop computer I had been using was simply too old to be updated. So, the next solution was to drag out my dusty old laptop and start getting my files moved over. And so, I began the process, happy to find out that the laptop actually runs a lot faster than the old desktop. Then, the world of technology threw me another curve ball. I couldn't get the printer to hook up to the computer and suddenly my happy progress was halted. So once again, my wonderful dad has been spending many phone calls and texts with me trying to get it all figured out. I try to tell him what I see on the screen in my very un-techy way and then he begins to search and advice and talk me through the steps I need to take. We were stilling having problems and that's when the really cool tech savvy stuff started to happen. Dad tells me over the phone to click here and select that and then suddenly from 300 miles away my Dad has complete control of my computer. I sit back and watch as the mouse moves across the screen, seemingly on its own, but knowing that it's just my dad working his magic. Now the printing problem is not fixed yet, but he's still working on it.
      Did you know that our Heavenly Father wants to help you with your problems? I can't physically see my dad right now because he lives way across the state, but he's still there for me. And so it is with our Heavenly Father. No, we can't see him and sometimes you may feel as though He isn't there but all you have to do is call him. I could have tried to work through my computer problems all by myself and never once told my daddy that I was having problems. I could have done this, but I wouldn't have gotten very far. In our lives we are going to come up against "computer problems" these problems may be seen in sin, loss, hurt and  million other technical glitches. Sadly, we all to often attempt to fix these problems on our own or sadder yet simply give up on them and attempt to work around our "printing problem." But our Heavenly Father is just waiting for that call, "Dad, I need help...It's the dumb printer again. What should I do?" And you know what, He will take time from His day to talk you through the steps, to give you pointers on things to try and tell you what buttons to push and which ones to avoid.
      Now as I mentioned above, my dad has this really cool program which lets him access my computer from miles away. But you know what I had to do before he could take the controls? I had to give him a password from my laptop. He couldn't access my computer without my permission. Our Heavenly Father, the One who gave you life, who loves you and knows yours joys and your pains want to help you. He knows the solutions to all your "computer problems" but you have to give him the password. Open your heart and let Him take control . Because then you can sit back and watch Him do His thing and you can know beyond a shadow of a doubt that the One who wrote the program knows how to fix the glitches that are operator errors.


"Though we are incomplete, God loves us completely. Though we are imperfect, He loves us perfectly. Though we may feel lost and without compass, God's love encompasses us completely. ... He loves every one of us, even those who are flawed, rejected, awkward, sorrowful, or broken."
~Dieter F. Uchtdorf 
     

1 comment:

  1. Why is it so hard for us to let go sometime and let Him take control when He really knows what is best and only wants our good? Good object lesson MollyBea!

    ReplyDelete