Saturday, December 19, 2015

December's Goodness

     December is such a lovely time of the year. Winter is upon us, but it is fresh and exciting(unlike how I sometimes feel about winter in February).  It's a season of cookie baking, memories, lights and friends. I am getting pretty excited about this coming week. My love and I will be heading south to spend Christmas with my side of the family. My brothers whom I haven't seen since last Christmas will be home and I am really looking forward to it!
      Around the beginning of the school year, I received an email from a place called Studentreasures. They offer "publishing" for class projects. I signed up and they sent me a complete manuscript kit. So, my kids and I began the process of writing a group story. We went through all the parts of a story, voting on what direction we wanted our story to go. Then we began writing and finally illustrating it. Just before Thanksgiving break we packaged it up and sent it off to be published. Well, this past week the box of our books finally arrived, the excitement was high! I must say I was quite happy with the results.  The Mythical Amazon River Adventure By Mrs. Williams 3rd and 4th graders.
     For awhile, I have wanted to get white Christmas lights to string around the perimeter of our living room. Luke found these and I think they have quite the magical effect.

I was blessed the other day when a friend gave me a brand new winter coat that she had but it didn't fit her.


    Today the loveliness of the Christmas season was fully experienced with a cookie baking party. I particularly thought it was adorable when we set the giant roasting pan of caramel puff corn off in the corner right at toddler level. The kiddos thought that was a grand set up. It was like the watering hole of toddlers.

Irindee
 Mara
 Kristina
 Mara and Emily
 Katy and Nettie
So much loveliness. Happy Saturday!

“Love is God. Love is divine. Love is an act of God.”~ Lailah Gifty Akita

No comments:

Post a Comment