Friday, January 15, 2016

Snow, Babies, and the Truth

        Another beautiful Friday has rolled around. Yesterday, it snowed and snowed and snowed. Today, the sun finally peeked out and the world was absolutely beautiful. The evergreen trees were heavy with sparkling snow. And since it was so cold it stuck to the trees all day. The view from my classroom window was delightful.


       Despite the beauty, I did manage to pick up a cold this week. I don't know if the kids were just chill today or if I just didn't let little things bother me, or maybe they sensed my need for a chill day. Whatever the reason, it was nice. I love having a rocking chair in my classroom. We spent a good chunk of time reading and when someone needed help with math my rocking chair pulled up to their desk. I am truly blessed with the job I have.
       Exciting news! The Lovely Keren Ruth had her sweet baby this week. Mr. Ephraim James was born on Wednesday and he is the cutest little nephew. From now on the adventures of Keren and Bea will be the Adventures of Keren, Bea, and Ephraim. They will be good ones!
       The other day I got an email from Pay Pal that was not addressed to me and I don't even have a Pay Pal account. Then, this morning, on the radio, they were talking about some scam that is going around. They talked about how scammers often send out incredibly legit looking emails trying to get your information from you. This made me think about how the enemy of our souls is a class A scammer. He knows all the tricks in the book to try to deceive you into believing a lie.
     It says in John 8:44 "When he[the devil] lies, he speaks his native language, for he is a liar
and the father of lies." So we know that the devil is a liar, but he's not just any liar, he's the best one. In the story of Jesus in the wilderness, we see how the devil comes to Him and begins to tempt Him. And he lies to Jesus. The tricky part comes when the devil uses the Word of God to try to deceive Jesus. (Matthew 4:1-11) Just like those internet scammers can do a pretty good job of making themselves look legit the devil tries very hard to make himself look legit. It says in 2 Corinthians 11:14 "...No wonder, for even Satan disguises himself as an angel of light." Because he wants nothing more than to scam you of the peace, joy, and hope that is yours in Jesus. 
       So on this beautiful, snowy, Friday, I hope that you lean back in the arms of the One who makes the snow sparkle and rest in His love. And if you have a baby to snuggle and kiss go for it. Because it doesn't get much better than that. 

Side note, Norbert the Turtle is a yoga master. 



"The Eskimos had fifty-two names for snow because it was important to them: there ought to be as many for love." ~Margaret Atwood 



"A baby is God's opinion that life should go on." ~Carl Sandburg 

No comments:

Post a Comment