Saturday, June 18, 2016

A Day of Goodness

     Today was a busy, dirty, hot and humid, happy day. There was grey clouds and rain the first part of the day and brilliant blue skies and sun this evening. It was delightful.      
      Luke continued to work away on the roof, a friend of ours came and helped him all day, which was great.



    I spent my morning in the kitchen and my afternoon playing in the dirt. I went to the garden center today to get pepper plants and got sidetracked by all the beautiful colors in bloom. I came home with peppers, gerber daisies, and moss roses. So much beauty. 




      Yesterday, we received an awesome gift from some friends. They came over for dinner and when they got here they pulled an apple tree out of the back of the truck. A simply lovely surprise. This afternoon Luke's parents, Steven and Bonnie, showed up and Steven planted the apple tree for us. It makes me happy.
Digging the hole





   We had a bunch of friends over for supper and we set up a picnic out in the driveway. The kids played in the dirt and with bubbles and we laughed and enjoyed life. I have such amazing friends that encourage me and bring joy to my life. I am blessed indeed.

The Lovely Keren Ruth and Mr. Ephraim

Irindee

Kristina 

Katy and Me(Emily was also there as well as all the husbands and babies.)

     
"A friend is what the heart needs all the time." ~Henry Van Dyke

"There is no real need for decorations when throwing a barbecue party - let the summer garden, in all its vibrant and luscious splendor, speak for itself." ~Pippa Middleton 

 

1 comment: