Saturday, June 25, 2016

Extraordinary, Everyday, Blessings


      The sun is shining and it is more than a little warm out there. My Love has been hard at work on the roof in this intense heat and humidity. He's the man!

     The apple tree we put in last week is doing well. I think it likes our yard. Some day there will be sweet and juicy apples which is just delightful.
   
       My parents and several of my siblings are in Kansas right now for a family reunion. My Mom sent me a couple pictures the other day. One of them was the house of my great grandparents, Manassa and Elizabeth Yoder. I love family history and this is a pretty cool piece of mine.

My parents Rohn and AmyJo

Great Grandpa and Grandma, Manassa and Elizabeth Yoder's house in Kansas. 

Their tombstone.

Baby turtles are one of the cutest things. Especially when they swim around. Last week Luke stepped outside and found another baby painted Turtle. What could we do but give him a name--Chester--and stick him in the tank with Norbert. As they said in the movie Casablanca, "I think this is the beginning of a beautiful friendship."



     As for beautiful friendships, I have truly been blessed. The One who designed the concept of friends has put so many in my life. Friends who know my heart and love to do life with me. Friends who listen, laugh, understand, hug, share, encourage, and are a walking talking reminder of the love of the Creator. 
     And then there is this guy. Mr. Ephraim


    May the rest of your Saturday be filled with joy. Always remember that the One who breathed life into your very soul is walking by your side! 
      ~Bea


 “It was June, and the world smelled of roses. The sunshine was like powdered gold over the grassy hillside.” 
~Maud Hart Lovelace

"A true friend accepts who you are, but also helps you become who you should be." ~Unknown

2 comments: