Monday, February 12, 2018

The Hand of Grace

     So, in the past we have had a mouse problem, which never makes me real happy. But for a good long stretch we seemed to be in the clear. Well that streak is over because for the past couple of weeks we've had a little visitor, and he seems to be immune to traps and the intense ill will I keep thinking towards him. In previous mouse problems, I have been more likely to see the signs of the invader rather than actually seeing the mouse itself. Not so in this case. I haven't seen a single sign, but the awful little thing likes to run by me, in close proximity in BROAD DAYLIGHT.
    Well last night, Luke and I were watching a movie, Buirlen was sleeping in my arms, all in all we were simply minding our own business in our own living room when the invader decided to show himself. Luke then went into hunter mode and waited for the invader to show himself again and then hurled a boot at it from the recliner. In the meantime, I had managed to stand up on the couch with Buirlen because there is no way my toes are going to be on the floor during this epic battle between man and mouse. The boot missed but Luke was ready for action now and told me to watch one corner of the couch while he got ready for the next shot. This went on for awhile throughout a couple rooms in the house. I therefore stood on multiple pieces of furniture as the lookout. Unfortunately the little critter evaded us at every turn and we gave up the battle for the night, but this is not over. I will win.

Don't worry, the ax is not intended for use on rodent invaders. A friend of Luke's has this old rusty ax head that he asked Luke to clean up for him. Luke discovered a pretty cool old tool under the rust and refinished a handle for it as well. 

     Anyway...Buirlen is becoming quite the little boy. The other day he was sitting on Luke's lap at the dinner table, and Luke had his hand around Buirlen to support him. Buirlen was not keen on being restrained and kept pushing Luke's hand away. Pretty soon Luke just had a grip on the waistband of Buirlen's pants to stable him, because the little goofball was so intent on being independent.
     This got me thinking, how often in this life do we push our Heavenly Father's hand away. It's there to stable us and guide us, but we want to be independent and do it ourselves. So like my goofy baby, we push at the hand that is keeping us from toppling over. Perhaps we just want to do it our own way or maybe we think we know what's truth but in reality we are believing a lie, but regardless of the reason we are pushing at the hand of safety, we are still pushing. But thankfully, just like Luke didn't let go of Buirlen, God doesn't let go of us. He holds on to the waistband of our pants. That is grace and The One who extends it to us is awe inspiring!

My intrepid adventurer. 



And sweet snuggler. 

And chocolate lover.

And blooming artist. 

He's fun. 

Hebrews 13:5
"Keep yourself from the love of money, and be content with what you have, because God has said, 'Never will I leave you and never will I forsake you."

No comments:

Post a Comment