Tuesday, April 3, 2018

This and That

It's April 3rd and the weather is still being rather "Marchy." We've had some of those gloriously springy days and some cold and wintery ones. Today fits into the later category. I am ready for full fledged Spring, but that's how life goes in the Northwoods.





 He is going to LOVE summer!


     Today my sweet boy is 13 months old. He's growing up and is such a fun little buddy. He still isn't walking but has started jabbering a lot and has taken an intense interest in tools and noise making appliances. Luke was putting some shelves up for me the other day and using the drill. Buirlen thought that was pretty cool and a little bit later he found Luke's screw driver....I didn't realize that screw drivers also make a nice noise, but they do when Buirlen uses them. And the vacuum is highly interesting as well! So much so that I have to hold him while I use it because otherwise he wants to sit right in front of it and touch it, which makes actual use of the machine rather difficult. It is fun to watch Buirlen think his daddy is so cool and want to be in on whatever it is Luke is working on. I'm sure much fun will be had in the garage as he gets older.

Putting ups some shelves. 

It's important to find a stud before hanging anything. 

Keys please. 

Fixing the headlights. 

Driving the forklift is the best.  

Watching Daddy chop firewood. 




Lately we have been on a culinary adventure. I sometimes feel like my dinner menus get stuck in a rut and wanted to start trying some new recipes. So about every week, I have Luke choose a destination and an ingredient, and then I find a new recipe to try. It has been a lot of fun and we have discovered some tasty new dishes that certainly will be repeated. We've "journeyed" to Jamaica, New Orleans, Mexico, and Morocco, to name a few. I've also broadened my spice cupboard as a lot of recipes have required spices I didn't really know how to use before.
 Last week, Luke said, "Pork and Norway," so I made potato klub. I don't think this one will be on the repeat list but oh well, you can't win them all. I have a significant amount of Scandinavian blood in my background, but I think I have the taste buds of a spicier culture. 

We have been loving having Baby Mathias around. Buirlen thinks he's pretty sweet and is quite gentle with him. Cousins are just all around pretty great. 








Catching up with Molly Ann


I was reading in Mark the other day and I really liked the words of a father who so desperately wanted Jesus to heal his son. He asked Jesus to please help him, if He could. Jesus responded, 
"'If you can?' said Jesus, "Everything is possible for one who believes." Immediately the boy's father exclaimed, 'I do believe; help me to overcome my unbelief.'" (Mark 9:23-24) 
I just love the words of the father, "I do believe; help me to overcome my unbelief." Because I often find myself struggling with things and these words put it so simply. "Jesus, please help me and help me when my own human brain gets in the way. I believe!"  The One who created Springy days and the curious adventuring baby, The One who fills our hearts with wonder and the ability to believe, loves us so very much. May your day be filled with wonder and belief, adventure and joy. Happy Today. 

"No matter how long the winter, spring is sure to follow." ~Proverb

"Despite the forecast, live like it is spring!"~Lilly Pulitzer 



  


No comments:

Post a Comment