Sunday, May 20, 2018

Crawfish and Flowers

    Last night, we had the chance to go to a crawfish boil. We had never been and it was a lot of fun...and tasty. It was at the fire station and Buirlen enjoyed making the rounds and exploring.



He thought this was fun...Luke mentioned that he probably thought it was a steering wheel. I think he was right because I caught him pressing the middle and making a honking noise at one point. 

I have been enjoying puttering in my flower garden lately.  When we moved here, I was pleasantly surprised to discover a whole row of peonie bushes. However, they weren't in a great location and with the upcoming siding project, were in the path of destruction, so I moved them and they seem to be doing just fine in their new location. I also moved the irises I had put in last spring. The past few years I've had sunflowers and zinnias in this spot, and I plan to continue with that but it is now home to my peonies and irises as well, plus a few different annuals. I do love flowers.


This guy is a good little gardener...Digging is fun. 


Helping mama plant impatients around the tree. 

There were loads of violets up around the house, so they got moved to be with the impatients. I keep wanting to go out and look at my flowers. 

My brother Jordan came over to hang out this past Friday and he helped me open up and clean out the porch for the season.

The hammock is back and open for business. 


We decided to play a game of scrabble when we were all done. It was warm and a nice rain was coming down...Pure loveliness. 





And as far as the latest installment in the Siding Saga goes, the steel and insulation is here and now it's just waiting for the time to get started. 

Luke brought the big truck home with everything on it as couple weeks ago. Buirlen thought this was  great. 



And lastly, my baby is growing up so fast. These two pictures of Buirlen waiting for Daddy to come home are just about 1 year apart. Life is good. 

May 2017

May 2018

May your week be grand!

"Flowers are the music of the ground. From earth's lips, spoken without sound." ~Edwin Curran








No comments:

Post a Comment