Friday, May 25, 2018

Persistent Faith

       I find nature's ability to keep on keeping on despite setbacks rather amazing. For example, weeds are incredibly persistent. I recently re-mulched the landscaped area in my front yard and already, there are weeds pushing their way through. We mow down the grass and it comes back, we weed our gardens and turn around to see that they need it again. Usually, we look at this as a negative thing, but I was thinking about it the other day and realized that that is exactly how I want my faith to be, persistent.
      The enemy of our souls wants to destroy our faith, and he's pretty good at knowing our buttons. There are many different things that weed whack our faith, perhaps, it's fear or doubt, exhaustion, skepticism, anger, laziness, you name it, if it will weaken our faith, he will try it. But The One who calls our names, who desires to know our hearts, and gives us grace daily, wants to grow in us a persistent faith. Faith that gets back up when it's knocked down. Faith that says no to fear and pushes through when things seem foggy and disorienting. Faith that keeps seeking hope when all seems lost. Faith that won't give up. This is what I want. And so, I continue on the journey of growing in grace. 
     And now, the sun is shining, the sky is blue, the wind is dancing, and the birds and crickets are making happy sounds.  Oh, and this weekend is the 7 year anniversary of when My Love asked me to be his wife. I'm sure glad he did.


My intrepid adventurer. 

Sweet violets

Planting rhubarb. 

Keeping an eye on the water spigot while Mama waters the plants. Puddle time!

Blooms!

Engaged and happy about it. 2011


Happy Friday my friends. May your faith be persistent!

No comments:

Post a Comment