Saturday, June 9, 2018

Summer Time Happenings


  Summer time is under way here in the Northlands, we have been busy! Friends, house projects, and gardens.....Oh My! Life is good. 
      Over Memorial Day weekend, we got to catch up with our good friends, Andrew and Katy and their kids. Sadly for us, they got a wonderful job in Indiana at the end of last year and moved away. It was so fun to spend time catching up.

The Kiddos together again.
Buirlen, Ax, Nettie, and Brody.


Sharing ice cream. Yum!

Time for bubbles and hanging out in the porch. 


A bicycle built for...3



Another one of the pre-projects to get done before the siding acatually gets under way, is removing 2 spots of concrete up by the house. Luke thinks that our living room was at one point a detached garage, and that is why it has the random lip of concrete under the window. And the other patch is a small sidewalk that leads back to the door that is no longer there.

The living room floor just vibrates when he's working at this.





It's jack hammer time!


Helping Daddy and loving it!





Time to relax. Buirlen has decided that his old carseat is the perfect lounge chair. 


This past week, I have also been working on getting my garden in. I am very excited about it this year and hope that it turns out as beautifully as I'm picturing it in my head. I have a sunflower, "forest," wildflowers, cosmos, zinnias, marigolds, tomatoes, peppers, beans, peas, beets, collards, and broccoli. 

Tilling in the rain. He's a good guy. 

A cute and dirty little gardener. 



Planting beans. 


Getting dirty. 



This afternoon, I added a touch of class and charm to my garden which I'm hoping will also deter deer. 






Baby strawberries. 


And then, I went and gave a moose a muffin and am knee deep in a house project of my own involving my kitchen cabinets. Sand, prime, paint, repeat. More on that later. 



Mini road trips to see Poppy. 


Sherif Buirlen is on duty. 


My happy boy. 



Until next time. 

"Let us dance in the sun, wearing wildflowers in our hair." ~Susan Polis Schultz























No comments:

Post a Comment