Thursday, July 26, 2018

July Just Flew By

     Summer is such a lovely time of the year, and a busy time, and a fun time....It's just good! The name of the game this summer has been "paint all the things"(And I'm so close to being finished!), which I seemed to do last summer as well(do I own a million chairs because that's how it felt), so much to paint. Anyway, it is fun to keep making this home more and more unique to us and put down some good home roots.
     My garden is becoming quite the jungle in the most lovely way possible. The beans are above my head and the sunflowers are just about there, it is just crazy how fast they grow!

Welcome to my garden


The sunflower jungle a couple weeks ago....



...And yesterday. Growing like crazy.


Checking out the beans, tomatoes, and prairie corner(The last two summers I've let one small corner of my garden grow wildflowers, once it gets blooming it's beautiful)




Speaking of things growing like crazy, this little boy has been doing just that. He loves tools and his shoes, likes to boogie to a good beat and play with his cousins. 

Broccoli 

Peas

Cosmos






Why yes...He did take this picture himself.

Luke keeps trucking along with the trenching and lower half of the insulation. He is just about around the house and then he will put the top half of insulation up and then then the siding...Whoo hooo. I"m dreaming of turning our backyard into a lovely and welcoming play and hang out area in the future when it's no longer a construction zone. 




The Lovely Keren Ruth and I took a mini road trip today to visit Martha(Keren and Luke's sister) and her family. We had a lovely day


So there you have it, beautiful, summery goodness!

"We might think that we are nurturing our garden, but of course it is our garden that is really nurturing us." ~Jenny Uglow





No comments:

Post a Comment