Monday, February 4, 2019

I Love My Job

    This weekend, I had the opportunity to spend the day at an EdCamp, which is a teacher's workshop. I got to go with my good friend Sarah who I taught at Heartland with. It was fun to spend the day together and I'm now a few credits closer to renewing my teaching license. I don't plan to return to full time teaching, but Luke and I agreed that keeping my license current was a wise idea should I ever want/need to sub.
Sarah and myself....A fun day together. 

    Being gone for an entire Saturday, meant that I left Buirlen home with Luke. That is the first time that I have been away from Buirlen for that long. We all survived, but I came home with these thoughts, "I like being a stay at home mom!"
    Every once and awhile, someone will ask me if I miss teaching. And honestly, I loved being a teacher. I loved going to school and having a classroom of kids. It was fun and energizing. I worked with a wonderful group of women and the community was just great. So yes, I look back at my time teaching with very fond memories, but I LOVE being a stay at home mama and have no desire to change my current vocation. I love being home and taking care of my kid and my house and my husband. And honestly, the thought of not being with my kid for the better part of every day doesn't sound fun to me at all.
 

Well, I hope this finds you having a most lovely Monday. A new week is here and It's February now, which means my heart is dreaming of Spring. 

"I didn't loose myself when I became a mother, I found myself." ~Unknown

1 comment: