Thursday, July 21, 2011

Pinwheels

One of the silly little things in life that make me smile are pinwheels. There is just something so simple, happy and delightful about a pinwheel dancing in the breeze. In fact, I have a pinwheel with all the colors of the rainbow sitting on my windowsill. I love to lay on my bed in the evening and watch it spin like crazy as the stars start to sneak out one by one. I was thinking about this the other day and the thought occurred to me that life is sometimes like a pinwheel. Occasionally the winds blow and it feels as though I might be spinning out of control. And yet, no matter how dizzy I may get, I don't have to fear. Why is this you ask, it's because I know that I am grounded in the One who will never let me go. Yes, sometimes the winds will kick up and they may even turn into a storm. But He's not going to let me go. And the beautiful thing is, that it is often during these times of spinning that beauty shines through. A pinwheel is beautiful when it is still, but when it begins to spin the colors merge and whirl and a whole new beauty shines forth. And it is our choice whether or not we are going to allow ourselves to see that beauty. We could choose to have an attitude of fear and doubt and spend our time fearing that we are going to spin ourselves out. Or, we can choose to laugh our heads off, throw our hands in the air, feel the breeze on our faces and know completely that God has it all under control . That is when the beauty truly begins to shine.

"Be inspired with the belief that life is a great and noble calling; not a mean and groveling thing that we are to shuffle through as we can, but an elevated and lofty destiny." --William E Gladstone


Psalm 31:14-15a
"But I am trusting in you, O Lord, saying, 'You are my God!' My future is in your hands."

No comments:

Post a Comment