Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Shoes

This week I got a new pair of shoes. And these are not just any shoes, they are red and yellow high tops... It really doesn't get much better than that. And the really exciting thing about these shoes is that I am going to say "I Do" in them. Yep, I'm wearing red tennies to my wedding. But, I don't plan on wearing them just for the one day and then putting them somewhere in the back of the closet to collect dust. I plan on living life in those shoes. I'm going to run, jump, dance and skip in them. Because, shoes are meant to be worn in and worn out. Meant to get us from here to there. Meant to take us on grand adventures. As I was thinking about my new shoes yesterday, I realized that God has given us a pair of shoes to wear too. It says in Ephesians that we are supposed to shod our feet with the Gospel of Peace. I think that this verse means that we are to take the peace of the Good News to the world. But then I realized something. God is the god of peace and He brings peace to every part of our lives if we allow Him in. How often do we find ourselves unsettled and lacking peace in our lives, because we are holding God at a slight distance because we are afraid, or doubt that He is big enough to take care of us. God gave us a pair of shoes when we came to Him. They are the shoes of peace, and it was never His intention for us to wear them for one day and then put them into the back of the closet. He gave us those shoes to live life in. To run, jump, skip and dance. They are a gift to us, to wear in and wear out. To get us from here to there. To go on grand Adventures in. So, next time you feel doubts or unrest, think about where you put your shoes. They are God's gift to you, are you wearing them?

Ephesians 6:15
"For shoes, put on the peace that comes from the Good News so that you will be fully prepared."

No comments:

Post a Comment