Friday, October 14, 2011

The Clocks

 I live in a apartment in a big yellow house on a quiet street in a little town. The people who lived here once, long ago, were watch makers. I made a discovery the other day and it got me thinking. I was down in the basement the other day and there, way in the back was the watch makers desk. It was covered with watch faces, clock pieces and all the tools of the trade. The drawers were full of things just waiting to be discovered and the ledger sitting there dated back to the forties. What really struck me, were the glasses. There was an old wire rimmed pair of eye glasses sitting there amongst the clocks. It was as though the wearer had been in the middle of something when he set them down to run upstairs for a cup of coffee, and he never went back. It made me wonder why he had stopped and what ever happened next. And then I began to think. We only have so much time. Life is a precious gift and yet so often we spend our days worrying, grumpy, struggling, or wishing we were somewhere or somebody else. That is not the way we were meant to live. When God set your life in motion, I'm quite certain He smiled. Because He said, "I know the plans I have for you...They're good plans." So, don't let worry, fear, the grummpies, or discontent ruin your day. Because God has something much better for you, and it may very well be right in front of you but you won't be able to see it if you don't look. So, today with the precious time you have, let it go, smile, laugh and live the life you have been given. It's good.

"Know how to live the time that is given you." --Dario Fo



No comments:

Post a Comment