Thursday, August 14, 2014

Don't Forget

The other day I was reading the book of Jeremiah in the Bible and this verse popped out at me.
                     Jeremiah 13:25b  "Because you have forgotten Me and trusted in lies."
This verse is taken from a passage where the LORD is getting after the people for not walking in the right way.  Now, I know this is out of context of the passage, but these words popped out at me because,  all to often, I get so caught up in worries that my vision of who God truly is becomes clouded. I forget His goodness, love and, mercy. Also, when I allow worries in, I begin to trust and believe that what I'm worried about is really the truth and it is at that point that I begin trusting in the lies.
      Now this is clearly not a good state to allow myself to slip into. The One who gives life, He loves me...He love you. He is love. He is truth. He is grace. He is mercy. Don't forget.


No comments:

Post a Comment