Saturday, August 2, 2014

The Adventures of Summer

     August is here again. That hot, sticky, month of county fairs, bluegrass festivals and blooming gardens.  This summer has been full of so many wonderful things. Little adventures of everyday life.       Earlier in July, a friend gave us some garden fresh strawberries. So, I got to play farmer's wife and freeze several containers of delicious summery goodness. My extended family decided to have Christmas in July once again this year, that was fun. There were only 4 members missing.
      My sweet husband got me a sewing machine for my birthday and I have had fun creating with it. Saturday afternoons spent with friends. Evenings spent at the annual Itasca Family Bluegrass Festival where good music, happy thoughts and memories abound.  My love and I will be celebrating 3 years together coming up this week. 3 years down, forever to go. Isn't life wonderful!
     My garden is starting to bloom and that makes me smile. I noticed the other day that even though the sunflowers haven't bloomed yet, they still move to follow the sun. Adventures!  Happy Saturday.
“Summer afternoon—summer afternoon; to me those have always been the two most beautiful words in the English language.” ~Henry James

No comments:

Post a Comment