Wednesday, August 6, 2014

Three Years and Forever

       Today is my love's and my 3rd anniversary. Three years ago, we were standing on a hill on a hot, Saturday, afternoon making some very important promises to each other. They went something like this:

       Bea, Somebody once told me that I should marry my best friend because that is the relationship you have to work the hardest to keep strong. So, in this beginning of forever, I promise to be your best friend. I promise to be the shoulder to cry on and the hand to hold on sunny walks through the park. I promise to be the arms of protection and the man of God that you need by your side. And, I'm not sure that it will ever be enough time, but I promise to love you forever.

       Luke, today is the beginning of forever for you and I. And as we begin on this adventure, I promise to love you through it all. I promise to be with you through all the ups and downs of life. I want to see the stars with you and walk the miles with you. Someone once said that, “A friend hears the song in my heart and sings it to me when my memory fails.” Luke, I promise that I will always try and be that friend to you. I love you.

     I have been truly blessed by the One who created this life. He put Luke by my side and continues to walk with us. And those words that my love promised me on that day three years ago, he has kept them. He's been there for me through a lot and he has my heart.

 "Loving someone and having them love you back is the most precious thing in the world."
~Nicholas Sparks

"A friend is someone who knows all about you and still loves you." ~Elbert Hubbard


No comments:

Post a Comment