Monday, February 9, 2015

I Must Be Old

        So apparently I'm ancient. Or at least in the minds of my students. Earlier this year we went on a field trip and I used my car to help transport kids. One of my students climbed into my 1992 Honda Civic and promptly asked if this was an old fashioned car. Then there have been times when we were discussing age and another student guesstimated that I must be in my forties seeing as I was as tall as his mom. Then, my personal favorite happened today. We were reading a chapter book aloud and the author phrased something in such a way that the kids were kind of confused. One of the students asked me when the book had been written. I flipped to the copyright page and told him that the book was published in 1986. Well that cleared things up for him because he promptly stated that the author must have been using some sort of old English. I laughed a lot. Happy Monday.

"The most wasted of all days is the one without laughter." ~E.E. Cummings

No comments:

Post a Comment