Sunday, April 26, 2015

Knots

        I like to knit. But, with every new project, before I can start the actual knitting I first need to roll my skeins of yarn into balls. Usually this goes just fine, but every once in awhile I get a skein that refuses to cooperate. It is made of nothing but knots and tangles, and frustration ensues. 
       Lately, I've been thinking of my brain as that tangled skein. The more I try to straighten my thoughts out, the more frustrated I get. I feel the need to be in control, to understand, and have a firm grip on things. I've been starting to realize that my attempts to be in control only make me miserable. I can't figure some things out, and trying to only makes me fret.
      But, the One who created my mind knows how to untangle all the knots I manage to create. I just need to hand it all to Him and let Him ease the knots out. While thinking about this earlier today, I also thought about how kids are often oblivious to some of the harder situations their families may be in because it's not their job to take care of it, it's their parents' job. Well, I am a child of God(and so are you) and so it's not my job to worry and stress and fret(about anything). God, our Heavenly Father has it all under control. Happy Sunday.


Mark 10:15
"Truly I tell you, anyone who will not receive the kingdom of God like a little child will never enter it."

“You must learn to let go. Release the stress. You were never in control anyway.” ~Steve Maraboli

No comments:

Post a Comment