Monday, June 8, 2015

Landscaping


      So this weekend, I started to tackle some landscaping in our front yard. Right out our kitchen window is this little nook. Luke mentioned that it was rather hard to mow around so I decided to clean it up a bit. I really liked this spot, but as I started working I realized just how messy and over grown it was.

Before: This is what we see from the kitchen window. 
Before: Standing in the driveway.
Before: Standing in the yard with my back to the road.
I spent a good chunk of time working on Saturday, and then finished up today.

The process. Weeding, lots of tree trimming, and pulling out rock from the overgrown mess.
When I had it cleaned up I started wheeling in loads of mulch from all the firewood Luke chopped this winter.
And here is the finished product. There are wild rose bushes in there that have buds on them. I am excited for when they bloom.
And the peonies are starting to bloom.
Happy Monday.


"If your knees aren't green by the end of the day, you ought to seriously re-examine your life."
~Bill Watterson






3 comments:

  1. I really didn't notice it looking bad before, but the improvement is dramatic.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! That is really nice. Great job.

    ReplyDelete