Wednesday, June 17, 2015

Today

        Good morning. How are you today? Are you wonderful? Are you tired? Are you happy? Are you sad? Are you discouraged or encouraged? I personally woke up today with a mind that was tending toward worry. But you know what? Psalm 118:24 says,
"This is the day that the Lord has made; let us rejoice and be glad in it."
       Is your mind anxious or joyous? Knotted up or at peace?  I find myself going through stages in this process of learning to trust the One who gave me life. I have days where I seem to be able to let go and simply trust and then something pops into my mind and tangles up all the progress I seemed to have made. But you know what it says in Zephaniah 3:17?
"The LORD your God is in your midst, a mighty one who will save; He will rejoice over you with gladness; He will quiet you by His love; He will exult over you with loud singing." Everything about this verse is hopeful and inspiring but I would like to point out the part where it says "He will quiet you by His love." What about your life needs to be calmed down and quieted? My is my mind and the anxious tangle it likes to make of everything. Through His love, He brings quietness and peace to your tangles.
       Are you sad today or happy? Feeling lonely or loved? Well you know what choose the later of both those options because Haggai 1:13b says, "I am with you, declares the LORD." The One who created closeness and love and security is with you.



Happy Wednesday. 

"Life is really simple, but we insist on making it complicated." ~Confucius

No comments:

Post a Comment