Sunday, February 14, 2016

Honey, Books, Soup, and Snow

      My little sisters Ema and Lucy are here for the weekend. Unfortunately however, Lucy woke up feeling under the weather this morning. So, Luke and Ema went to church and Lucy and I settled ourselves onto the couch.

 We watched a couple movies then I made a big pot of creamy, chicken, noodle soup. I've inherited my mom's inability to make a small pot of soup. So we will be eating leftovers.
      My mom had brought up this fancy honey for Luke and I to try. I had never heard of honey with special purposes but apparently it's a thing. Honey for grilling, honey for cheese, and honey for tea. Naturally I had to sample them to see what all the hype was about. I decided that the honey for cheese was the best. The bonus deal to this was that the honey came in cute jars with bees on the lid. Double the sweetness!

     Despite Lucy not feeling so great today, it has proved to be a good weekend. Yesterday we had a baby shower for Mr. Ephraim. Overall, I do think it was a success.
       It was "Storybook" themed. My friend Emily, found the idea and it turned out really cute. We brought food items that related to different storybooks and then the books went to Mr. Ephraim to start his very own library. I brought the books The Treasure Tree, My Father's Dragon and Curious George. Those first two are books that I have fond memories of from my own childhood. I made my Grandma Shearer's banana punch to accompany Curious George. Oranges went with My Father's Dragon, and chocolates for The Treasure Tree.
    So there you have it. I hope your weekend has been lovely. And oh, it's Valentines Day. On this day dedicated to love, may you remember the ultimate and beautiful love of The One who gave bee's the recipe for honey, puts the smile on a sweet baby's face, and sends the snow to quietly descend on a relaxing Sunday afternoon.

"We do not remember days, we remember moments." ~Unknown

No comments:

Post a Comment