Friday, February 5, 2016

Just Drink Your Spit!

     Yesterday at work we were getting some maintenance done. Unfortunately there was a mishap and our water was cut for awhile. The secretary came up and informed me that there was no water which meant there was no bathrooms...In a school....With lots of kids. Adventures. They did eventually tell us we could use them just with no flushing capabilities. They managed to get it fixed by recess which was good, but I thought it rather funny when I overheard one of my students getting very resourceful. They were getting their snacks and must have been talking about being thirsty because one of my third graders piped up that they could just drink their spit. So there you go, in a "crisis' situation when you find yourselves without proper hydration, you can just drink your spit.
   Today we had a field trip to the skiing hills. It was fun and beautiful. I like driving a mini van full of students around. I love ridding the lifts and looking out over the glistening white slopes and the blue sky. I like coming home to relax and share a pizza with my love.
      Happy Friday!

"Adventure is worthwhile in itself." ~Amelia Earhart

No comments:

Post a Comment