Sunday, March 13, 2016

A Delightful Weekend

      Sunday night is winding to a close and what a good weekend it has been! The weather was simply delicious. Sunshine and warm breezes plus mud and grey skies...March.
      This windowsill in my classroom has become a display area for cool things. It started with a fungi that one of my students brought in my first year. This year it has grown. I think it's fun.
 At Thanksgiving, Luke helped me make The Mayflower. We made enough pieces so that each of my students could build their own. And the Mayflower wouldn't be complete without Plymouth Rock.
 A couple of my students got the Statue of Liberty for me. The rock and shark tooth are on loan to the display by one of my third graders. 
 Luke had this turtle shell and alligator head in his bedroom at his parents house. I decided they would be fun at school. One of the boys cleverly decided to create a new creature. The alliturtle. 
        On Thursday I stopped at the library and picked up the first book in the Hunger Games series. Multiple people had told me what a good read they are. They were right. We ordered pizza for supper and I read almost half the book before bed. I finished it up on Friday night. I read the second one yesterday and this afternoon and am just starting the third. Nothing quite like a weekend of being absorbed in a book(or books)!
      Yesterday Luke's home improvement project was to remove one of the old chimneys. So for awhile there was a gaping hold in the roof. Thank goodness for sunshine. 





While Luke played demolition, I made creme brûlée. 

     This afternoon we headed out to the Williams' Farm for a relaxing afternoon. Luke decided to head up to the house through the pasture. A perfect day for a little off roading. 


An then there is this cutie pie. A pianist in the making(photo credits to Katy Murray)

"The beautiful spring came; and when Nature resumes her loveliness, the human soul is apt to revive also." ~Harriet Anne Jacobs

No comments:

Post a Comment