Sunday, May 8, 2016

Dig Your Toes in the Dirt!

      Sunshine and dirt are a truly wonderful combination and yesterday I spent pretty much the whole day enjoying them. The Lovely Keren Ruth and Mr. Ephraim came over and we got the garden started. Half way through the day our friend Irindee came over and so she got in on the fun as well.
 Right now it looks like we are growing carpet, but soon it will be beans, peas, peppers, onions, carrots, tomatoes, and herbs. We also have plans for a small strawberry patch!

Mr. Ephraim was a trooper, even though all the nature was a bit overwhelming at times. 



      And today is Mother's Day. I am blessed to have an amazing mom and a wonderful mother-in-law. Both of whom have done so very much for me. I am rich!

My Mama, Amy Jo
 My Mother-in-law Bonnie
Violets...One of the things I love about summer is that there are flowers in my house a lot more often. 
 And then there is this cuteness!

Happy Today!

"A garden is a grand teacher. It teaches patience and careful watchfulness; it teaches industry and thrift; above all it teaches entire trust." ~Gertrude Jekyll

2 comments:

  1. You have a very nice carpet garden! :-) I love all your pictures. I had so much fun working in my garden yesterday too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have a very nice carpet garden! :-) I love all your pictures. I had so much fun working in my garden yesterday too.

    ReplyDelete