Monday, May 23, 2016

North Shore Adventures

     This past weekend was one filled with sunshine, fun, and memories in the making, which naturally equals adventure. Luke was a state delegate so we headed to Duluth for the convention. My brother and sister-in-law, Ken and Abbi were also delegates, so they brought along my niece Mara to keep me company while they delegated. We had a good time.
The drive there was every bit a part of the adventure. I love this guy. 

Now I know Cruz is no longer running, but Ken, Abbi, and Luke went with the hope of bringing about some changes. Unfortunately things didn't go as they had hoped. 

Mara and I did a bit of exploring Friday evening, keeping it close to the hotel. One thing I will say about Duluth...HILLS!


 And what did we discover but the Statue of Liberty. My brothers got to see the real thing this past fall, so I thought I should let them know that I too got to see Lady Liberty. 






 Saturday morning Mara and I saw the delegates off to the convention and then hit the North Shore in search of adventure. We found it. I don't know how many times over the course of the weekend I said the words, "It's so PRETTY!"







 Cliffs and miles of lake make a pretty stellar combination!





 We found ourselves at Gooseberry Falls. 














 Then we found a nice pebbly beach and began searching for agates and sea glass. We had a decent amount of success


 By the time we turned around and headed back towards Duluth both Mara and I were worn out. It was great. The convention was over by Saturday evening so Ken, Abbi, and Mara headed home. But Luke and I had decided to make a weekend of it, so Sunday was our day to explore. We walked, climbed rocks, created beach sculptures and hunted for more agates. 

 This guy is my favorite.


 Mining for crystals in the side of the bluff





I particularly enjoyed sitting on the beach and sifting through the pebbles in search of agates and sea glass. I might still be there if Luke hadn't said it was time to go. 
 The treasure. 

 What an adventure. Happy Monday!

"Make your heart like a lake with a calm, still surface and great depths of kindness." ~Lao Tzu

































No comments:

Post a Comment