Saturday, April 22, 2017

Thoughts, Lessons, and Randomness


     It says in 1 Thessalonians that we are supposed to pray without ceasing. I was thinking about that the other day as I repeated the same prayer over and over again and I realized something. There is a difference between praying without ceasing and praying on repeat. What I mean by praying on repeat is this, I often find myself praying the same request over and over. But, it wasn't because I was doing what Paul was talking about, rather my repetition stems from a lack of faith, it is like prayer OCD. Some part of me seems to think that in order for God to get my point, I need to mention it multiple times, but that just is not the case. Now I don't mean that we should ever only pray for something once and then be done with it, rather I realize that in my case my repetitive praying is from a place of a lack of faith or just feeling like once can't be good enough. Yes, pray without ceasing, but know that when you bring a need to The Creator of all that is or ever will be, He hears you and you don't need to have prayer OCD.

    Buirlen likes to be held, a lot. Because of this I've been using the carrier frequently. I put him in and he snuggles down and ends up sleeping through whatever it is I am working on. As I was lugging him around the other day, I started thinking about how God desires this same thing from us. The One who created the baby's need to be held and loved desires to carry us through the ups and downs of our lives. I believe that our souls long for that as well, to be held in the arms of The One who is our ultimate safe place, and yet all to often we choose not to accept His offer to hold us. But that offer is always there. It says in Matthew 11:28 "Come to Me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest." Rest, security, the knowing that we are loved, it is all there for us in the arms of our Heavenly Father. He so wants to hold us close.
    It is just crazy that this cute little kangaroo is already 7 weeks old. 
     
    My life holds some beautiful memories. Moments in time that I love to look back on. I absolutely love where my life is right now, and don't want to go backwards but I do love thinking back to certain points in my life and letting the feelings of those memories wash over me. And the wonderful thing is that each day of this beautiful life holds the potential for new moments, memories and adventures.
    And lastly there is a new song on repeat in this house. I love the simple sweet lyrics. So much happiness. Have a great night!




1 Thessalonians 5:16-18
"Rejoice always, pray without ceasing, give thanks in all circumstances; for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus for you."

"Memories are special moments that tell our story." ~Unknown

"The best thing about memories is making them."~Unknown

No comments:

Post a Comment