Saturday, May 20, 2017

Up the Hill Grandpa and Grandma


     This week my Grandparents came for a visit and got to meet Buirlen, their first great grandbaby.

Grandpa and Grandma Kinney, myself, Buirlen and Babe the Blue Ox

    When my siblings and I were kids we referred to our grandparents as Up the Hill Grandpa and Grandma(The Kinneys) and Baby Grandpa and Grandma(the Shearers). Up the Hill Grandpa and Grandma obviously lived and still do at the top of a very large hill. I've heard two lines of reasoning as to why the Shearers were Baby Grandpa and Grandma. As far as I was concerned it was because they are short, I take after them. However, I've also heard that they were dubbed that because they had a well stocked play closet full of baby dolls and other fun stuff. I don't remember how old we were when we grew out of these names and simply referred to them as the Kinneys and the Shearers, but I will never forget the nicknames.
    This visit was with Up the Hill Grandpa and Grandma, and I was so glad that they got to come. Both sets of my Grandparents live in the same small, rural farming town and I grew up about 2 hours away so I got to see them a lot. Living up North now, I don't get to see them nearly as often.

Up the Hill Grandma with Jordan(age: infant)  and myself(age 2)

Grandma and Buirlen



Up the Hill Grandpa with Lydia(age 1 1/2ish) and me(somewhere around a year)

Grandpa and Buirlen having a chat. 


Grandma and me when I was about 6 or 7

    


 This just makes me happy! 


"Love is the greatest gift that one generation can leave another." ~Richard Garnett 


No comments:

Post a Comment