Friday, May 5, 2017

Walking on Sunshine

     It's Friday and it has been one of those happy, sunshine in your soul, kind of days. The temperature was in the 70's, there was a warm breeze, and the sun was out in all its glory. Buirlen and I had kind of a slow start to our day but once we got going, we filled it to the brim with goodness. A walk in the sunshine by the sparkling lake, lunch with Grandpa, Grandma, Keren and cousins, and coffee with a good friend from work.

Sometimes it's just hard to get yourself going in the morning. Today was just such a day. 

Walking on sunshine!

Cousins that just happened to coordinate.


He likes to sit upright and observe the world. 

     At the beginning of the year, I decided that I needed to make some changes to my perspective. I needed to shake up my faith and start living a life that was not dictated by fear. It is certainly still a challenge for me, but I feel like I am making progress in the right direction. I still struggle with fear, but in some ways I feel like its grip on me is not quite as strong. I feel like I can rest in peace more easily these days. I desire to see this progress continue to move forward. I am so ready to live in the complete freedom that Jesus Christ has given me and you. Freedom to walk in the sunshine of life knowing that The One who created your soul wants to walk with you. 
    So as we head into the weekend, I hope that your heart is full to the brim with sunshine. I hope that you seek truth and stand firmly in it and that the joy of Jesus overwhelms you in a wonderful way. Happy Friday!

Here is a happy little song for your weekend. 


"What sunshine is to flowers, smiles are to humanity. These are but trifles, to be sure; but scattered along life's pathway, the good they do is inconceivable."

No comments:

Post a Comment