Monday, January 9, 2017

Perspective

     Today we got our crib and it is a beauty. Baby Williams is going to be snoozing in style. There are about 2 months till my due date... A little less than 8 weeks... 53 days till March 3. WOWZERS!     Today I was thinking about the different ways I can measure the time until his arrival. Perspective is an interesting thing. 2 months seems like awhile, 53 days does not. 

      There are many things in life that can be seen from different perspectives. One area that I have decided I need to change my perspective is my faith. I realize that all to often, I view God and His word from a perspective of fear, and that needs to change. I have decided that this year is going to be a year to change(there will certainly be changes coming in more ways than one), but I am specifically thinking of change in my perspective. I desire to get to know God in a new way. To change some negative thoughts that have become deeply ingrained. To truly learn what it means to follow Christ, and most importantly to learn how to rest in peace, say no to fear, and start living my faith from a different perspective. Adventures ahead!


The assembly process, he is pretty handy.

Work in progress.

      I've been craving a double layer, chocolate, cake with chocolate frosting for a couple days(I guess I might as well blame Baby Williams, seeing as there are only 53 days left to blame my eating habits on him). My Love brought this home as a surprise tonight. It wasn't double layered but he is a thinker, so he bought a tub of frosting, cut the top of, slathered on a layer of frosting and neatly returned the top. Ta-da! a double layer cake. He is too good to me.

    A new week is well underway. May your evening be delightful and your tomorrow even better! Happy Monday. 

"If you change the way you look at things, the things you look at change." ~Dr. Wayne Dyer

"The right perspective makes the impossible possible." ~Unknown 

1 comment:

  1. I love the crib. May God bless you in this new year. I hope it will be a wonderful one of growing in your faith. In resting in the peace of God and letting go of fear. Love you!

    ReplyDelete