Sunday, January 15, 2017

28 Degree Heat Wave...A Matter of Perspective

      Well, January is already half way through and as I mentioned before, my goal this year is to learn what it truly means to follow Christ and to start living my life from a new perspective. I decided that a good verse to sum up said goals would be,

Ephesians 1:17-18
"That the God of our LORD Jesus Christ, the Father of glory, may give to you a spirit of wisdom and of revelation in the knowledge of Him. I pray that the eyes of your heart may be enlightened, so that you will know what is the hope of His calling, what are the riches of the glory of His inheritance in the saints." 

      This just says what I'm striving for this year. I want to seek wisdom, and learn some new things about The One who created me. I want the eyes of my heart to open up and start seeing things anew. I want to truly learn what it means to understand the hope that Jesus offers me each and every day. 
     After my last post on perspective, I've been thinking a lot about that concept and discussed it quite a bit with my students. I tend to turn lessons I'm working through in my own life into lessons for my students as well. A perfect example of perspective came today with the shift in the weather. 
     Last week was BITTERLY cold. Friday was cold enough(-31 actual temperatures) that they called school 2 hours late. They don't close or delay school for much up here. But today the sun has been shining with all its might and the mercury hit a balmy 28 degrees which felt downright blissful. Perspective!

So warm! 33 weeks and 3 days...Closer and closer!

Before Christmas, Luke made a purchase for his workshop that has brought him much joy. A metal lathe. I have been getting an education on the subject. It is an awesome blessing that fits into his dreams of a future in metal work. 

He has made a couple of little tops as he experimented with the lathe. They work pretty well and Ephraim thinks they are fun to stop once you get them going. 

      As this Sunday winds down, I hope that sun continues to shine in your hearts. Remember the Hope that The One who created today gives, and may your perspective be one of joy!


"Blessed are they who see beautiful things in humble places where other people see nothing." ~Camille Pissarro 

No comments:

Post a Comment