Wednesday, June 21, 2017

Summer is Here!

Happy first day of summer! Buirlen is all about enjoying the great outdoors. 

     The past couple of summers, the Lovely Keren Ruth and I have shared a garden. But, last summer Keren and Benjamin bought their own home and thus now have their own garden. So, this summer, my friend Katy is sharing my garden with me.
       4 babies under the age of 3 + 2 mammas + 1 garden= plenty of summer adventure potential.

I was out there working in the mid morning sunshine today and things are starting to grow!!!!


     Our house has a large attached 3 season porch which until recently we have basically used for storage. I have dreamed of making it a beautiful and inviting space for awhile, but finally did something about it. Luke's parents came over last Friday to help me get it cleaned up so that we could host a Father's Day picnic out there. I had so much fun and felt like a little girl with a playhouse as I looked for things to decorate with. Then Luke brought home twinkle lights...which make everything wonderful. I love this space, so wonderful!






Buirlen helping Grandma Bonnie vacuum 

Enjoying our sweet summer hangout space


     A year ago, when I first started dreaming about this space, Luke bought me a hammock for it. I love that this summer I have a tiny pair of feet to share it with. Buirlen is as impressed with it as I am.
Last summer. Didn't know it yet, but Buirlen was on the way!

 This summer. 
 

Don't let his face fool you, he thinks it's pretty great. 

   Not only is my vegetable garden growing, my flowers are as well. I am looking forward to when this little patch hits full bloom, it's going to be beautiful, and make the porch even more inviting!

Sunflowers, Zinnias, Geraniums, Morning Glories, Nasturtiums, and Gerber Daisies

 My Sweet Cheeks

 Reading a good book

Miss Nettie, helping out in the kitchen. 


Ephraim clearly knows how to enjoy chocolate. 


He is learning how to bounce. Fun times. 

 Buirlen finally got to meet Uncle Peter, Aunt Holly, and his cousin Jaten. 

And if you need a happy melody to flow through your day, may I suggest this one. Happy Wednesday!


"It was June, and the world smelled of roses. The sunshine was like powdered gold over the grassy hillside." ~Maud Hart Lovelace 

No comments:

Post a Comment